Attract butterflies and hummingbirds from spring through fall.Flowers reach about 3 1/2′ and create a meadow effect. Mix contains:
• Asclepias tuberosa – Butterfly Milkweed (P)
• Callistephus chinensis – China Aster (A)
• Centaurea cyanus – Bachelor’s Button (A)
• Cheiranthus allionii – Siberian Wallflower (P)
• Clarkia amoena – Godetia (A)
• Coreopsis lanceolata – Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Coreopsis tinctoria – Plains Coreopsis (P)
• Delphinium consolida – Larkspur, Rocket (A)
• Echinacea purpurea – Purple Coneflower (P)
• Eschscholzia californica – California Poppy (A)
• Gaillardia aristata – Blanket Flower (P)
• Gaillardia pulchella – Indian Blanket (A)
• Iberis umbellate – Candytuft (A)
• Liatris spicata – Blazing Star (P)
• Lobularia maritima – Sweet Alyssum (A)
• Lupinus perennis – Perennial Lupine (P)
• Monarda citriodora – Lemon Mint (A)
• Ratibida columnifera – Prairie Coneflower (P)
• Rudbeckia hirta – Black-eyed Susan (P)
• Salvia coccinea – Scarlet Sage (A)
(Varieties subject to change depending upon availability.)
Ht. 10–48". Avg. 7,400 seeds/oz. Packet: 650 seeds.Caution:This mix contains Lupinus perennis, commonly known as perennial lupine, and Consolida ambigua, commonly known as larkspur. All parts of these plants are poisonous, including the seeds. Exercise extreme caution around children and pets. The purchaser assumes all liability relating to the use of this product.
DAYS TO GERMINATION: 10-28 days at 65-75°F (18-24°C)
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) – Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8". Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 10-48" Plant heights vary depending on species.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 650 seeds) sows a 75-100′ row or 5-10 square feet; 1/2 lb. sows 1,000 square feet.; 11-22 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 650 seeds) sows a 75-100′ row or 5-10 square feet; 1/2 lb. sows 1000 square feet.; 11-22 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
USE: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.